When possible, we are asking patients to continue to answer the COVID-19 screening questionnaire your their appointment, by either electronic mail or in-person when you arrive at the clinic.
Regarding masks, as a health care facility we prefer patients to continue using masks in the waiting area when possible, particularly when there other people present making social distancing difficult. If you cannot wear a mask, there is no need to request an individual accomodation.
Since practitioners are unable to social distance within treatment rooms, please discuss mask removal with your practitioner beforehand to assess comfort levels for both of you. We want to support everyone's individual choice in this matter, practitioners and patients alike. Most practitioners are choosing to keep their mask on most of the time since they see multiple people throughout the day and therefore are potentially more of a hub for community spread.
Thank you for your continued efforts to keep everyone in the community healthy and safe, and your patience as we navigate the current situation.
We are continuing extended disinfection protocol of high-touch common areas such as door handles and chair arms. During this time, we completely understand if you wish to cancel any of your appointments for any reason.
Additionally, please to be prepared to pay by card or cheque, as cash will not be accepted at present time.
– Mid-Valley Health Centre
COVID-19 POLICIES IN EFFECT
We are following the directives of the NS Department of Health, our regulatory boards, and professional associations. In order to provide safe treatment, we are requesting that the following take place:
- A screening questionnaire will be emailed to you for completion 24 hours before your appointment.
- We prefer that you continue to wear a mask within the waiting area when possible, however, if you cannot there is no need to contact us for accomodation.
- Mask removal within the treatment room may be discussed with your practitioner prior to treatment.
- Please do not enter the facility until shortly before your appointment, and continue to respect social distancing whenever possible.
- We ask that you wash or sanitize your hands immediately upon arrival, before your appointment.
- We will email you a receipt instead of giving you a paper copy.
- We are cleaning everything between appointments and allowing each therapist extra time between appointments to do this.
- We are continuing to offer telehealth visits for Physiotherapy if desired.
We assure you that we are doing everything we can to keep you safe. Thank you for your support.
Shoulder bursitis and tendonitis
Osteoarthritis of the hip and knee
Headaches and migraines
Vertigo and dizziness
Post concussion syndrome
TMD (TemperoMandibular joint Disorder) and facial pain
Chronic pain syndromes
Post MVA (Motor Vehicle Accident) and whiplash
Pre and post partum
Hiatus hernia and reflux and digestive issues
Paediatric (babies and children)
Birth trauma and colic
Recurrent ear infection (otitis media)
"The greatest wealth is health."
– Virgil (70 BCE – 19 BCE)
We feel that by combining different therapy approaches we can collaborate to provide you with more efficient and effective treatments that can help you meet your health goals. Our approach to health recognizes the importance of body, mind and spirit for well-being. Our goal is to treat the cause of the problem rather than just the symptoms, and provide you with education and self-management in order for you to achieve your health goals.